SOPRAL® is a medicinal product available without prescription (OTC Drug).
The product is used for treatment of dyspeptic symptoms in gastroesophageal reflux (burning behind the chest bone, return of gastric acid) in adults.
It is available in the form of gastro-resistant hard capsules –14 capsules in a package. One gastro-resistant hard capsule contains 20 mg of the active substance omeprazole.
- Decreases gastric acid secretion by highly selective mechanism of action.
- Specific fast-acting proton pump inhibitor.
- Provides control by reversible inhibition of gastric acid secretion in a single daily administration.
- Single daily oral administration ensures fast and effective inhibition of day and night secretion of gastric acid, and maximum effect is obtained up to 4 days of treatment.
- Oral administration at a dose of 20 mg maintains stomach pH ≥ 3 for an average period of 17 hours of the 24-hour period in patients with duodenal ulcer.
- As a consequence of reduced acid secretion and gastric acidity in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease, it dose-dependently reduces/normalises acidity in the esophagus.